Hello. I hope you are doing good. All is fine here in northern Illinois. After a solid week of rain and dreariness we are now into some beautiful weather again, thank goodness.
I wrote last time about how my knitting gauge has gotten looser and now my own knitting patterns are producing items that seem too large, or almost too large for the dolls they were designed for.
My last knitted garment, and the most noticeably too large, was the sweater coat for the Little Darlings. Here it is again in progress–and it wasn’t beyond fixing. It pays to try on the garment before weaving in ends and sewing up seams.
I added a lifeline in the row I wanted to rip back to, and then ripped away. I transferred the stitches from the lifeline on the knitting needle and knit the ribbed edging. For the body this meant right under the second to last buttonhole. The garter band of the sweater was tricky to see where to put the lifeline. If I didn’t get the right spot it was easy to fix while I was ripping out.
The sleeves needed 5 less rows, so the lifeline went in the 6th row beyond the ribbing. In addition, I decided to narrow the sleeves, so I knit backwards and added some decreases at the edges of the sleeves.
I am so happy with the finished result. I think it fits Alice perfectly now. The ensemble is still is progress, but almost completed. I knit her hat yesterday… at the beach–a Lake Michigan beach. It was pretty enjoyable! 😉
I love the sound of water, and if you do too, or if you’d like to see some of the water installations at the Chicago Botanic Gardens please have a look/listen. It’s pretty short (but took a while to make!!!). I am brand spanking new at this, and also at recording video–that’s why some of my footage is vertical. 😮 A warning though–it’s very amateurish, sorry.
Bye for now. Thanks for stopping by. Take care–until next time. ❤ ❤ ❤