I had a very productive and creatively fulfilling last couple of weeks. Here are some new things that I’ve been working on that I put into a new outfit for Dianna Effner’s Little Darling dolls.
I changed up my dress pattern a bit and put in princess seams and a lace collar. This beautiful english lace is from authenticlace on eBay. I hand pleated the lace and inserted it into the neckline for a collar. I am very happy with how this dress turned out.
My usual cardigan sweaters did not fit with the collar of this dress so I came up with this capelet design. The pattern took some trial and error and a lot of math to get it just the way I wanted it. I think it shows off the dress nicely and is so delicate. I really love this tiny accessory. This is my second knit that I have incorporated beadwork into and love how they look in knitwear. Thanks to Knit Picks for the tutorial on beading. I have zillions of beads in my stash so now I have a new use for them.
After trying all of my usual headpieces, (headbands, felt flowers, bows, Juliet cap) I made this cloche. After looking and looking for headpiece alternatives I decided a hat made out of the dress fabrics would be the perfect finishing touch. I didn’t have a pattern so I made this one myself. I had an American Girl doll hat pattern that I looked at to see the pattern piece shapes, but outside of that my measuring tape got a lot of use. I had some unused #30 cotton thread that I had dyed for my tiny Amelia Thimble doll sweaters and the colors were perfect for this outfit. So with a very tiny crochet hook and lots of patience (my fingers felt huge) I made these tiny rosebuds for hat decorations. A glass leaf in my stash fit in perfectly with the roses.
Voila! “Spring Daydreams” is finished. I put a lot of thought and time into making this outfit all come together, but I think it was worth it.